If you live in a large city like New York City, then you might be taking the train to get around. Riding the train can be stressful and difficult if you don’t know what to expect. This blog post will give you some simple tips on riding the train so that your commute is easier!
- Do not sit next to the doors. This is where most people get on and off, so it can be very crowded during busy commutes or rush hour. Sit in a seat away from these areas if you don’t want to feel claustrophobic! Also, avoid sitting near vents as they might make your temperature too cold.
- Do not try to board the train when it is crowded. This will be very difficult and you might even get pushed or shoved accidentally. Wait until there are more seats available so that you can sit down comfortably! The same goes for getting off of the train, do not wait until everyone else exits before trying to leave yourself; this will cause a huge bottleneck and you will end up waiting for everyone to leave!
- Do not try to talk on the phone or listen to music. This can be very distracting from other commuters who are also trying to use their phones at this time. It is best just to avoid using your device if possible so that everyone else around you can have some peace and quiet.
- Make sure to bring headphones with you if you plan on listening to music or podcasts as it can be very distracting for others around you if they hear your audio! Also, do not eat smelly foods like fish because this will make other people feel nauseous and uncomfortable around you; nobody likes the smell of rotten eggs after all!
- Do not occupy two seats. This can be very irritating for other commuters who are trying to sit down and have a seat themselves. If you need more space then feel free to ask someone if they would like an extra seat instead of taking up too much room yourself. It is the polite thing to do after all!